compensation: 17$-20$ per hour; DOE
employment type: contract/ 40+ hours
We are seeking reliable and experienced Unarmed Security Officers in Northern VA and DC area for diplomatic security services, embassy experience preferred. Selected individuals will greet patrons, search and work with metal detectors, patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons.
Full Time and Part Time positions are available immediately. Pay rate for these positions are 17$-20$ per hour, depending on experience.
*CANDIDATES THAT DO NOT HAVE AN UNARMED/ARMED DCJS CREDENTIALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND DO NOT NEED TO APPLY*
Candidates that are applying for the position, MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS. This is an absolute requirement. Applicants who can’t work weekends and holidays will not be considered and need not apply.
TO APPLY: Please reply with your resume attached and indicate which position or positions you are interested in applying for.
- Greet patrons.
- Search and be able to operate with metal detectors.
- Be able to stand for 8 hours.
- Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules.
- Thoroughly examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure proper function and security.
- Warn violators of premise rules and regulations.
- Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes.
- Request emergency personnel for high risk situations.
- Previous experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields.
- Familiarity with security equipment.
- Ability to handle physical workload.
- Strong attention to details.
- Active Unarmed/Armed Virginia Security License (DCJS) with no current employer.
- Reliably commute to job location.